February 8th, 2012 by Bryan Kinkel
The next version of Printer’s Apprentice, our font manager for Windows 7, has started.
This release has lots of changes. So the more testers, the better.
If you are interested in being part of the testing crew, drop me an email at helpdesk at loseyourmind dot com.
Here is the latest list of changes.
2/3/12 Printer’s Apprentice 18.104.22.168
- NEW: Redesigned splash screen. Redesigned progress dialogs for reading font folders.
- NEW: Options dialog has been completely redesigned.
- NEW: Can change the size of the ASCII/Unicode values on the Character set chart.
- NEW: Support for non-US keyboard layouts in the Keyboard tab and printed font catalogs / sample sheets. The Printer’s Apprentice keyboard will also update when a new keyboard is added or selected using the Windows Language bar.
- NEW: Font samples are now anti-aliased wherever possible.
- NEW: Font display in main window includes a new header with the font name, file name and file size. There is also a line of text indicating the specific installed/not installed status for the font.
- NEW: Added column to the lists on the Font Files and Font Groups tabs indicating the installed status of the font. Installed fonts have a small Windows symbol in the column.
- CHANGED: Options for Unicode and character set are now contained in a single dropdown below the font display.
- CHANGED: Removed "Drop Shadow" checkbox from the bottom of the Single Character and character set screens. It is now in the "Font Viewing" section of the Options dialog.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that could occur if you selected a ZIP file in the Font Files font groups tab.
- FIXED: Bug in A4 paper size was not working correctly for some drivers.
- FIXED: Under certain circumstances, creating a font group and renaming it resulted in a "system.io.DirectoryNotFoundException".
- FIXED: A variety of issues that could pop up when navigating between fixed and removable drives in the Font Files tab.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur if you selected File|Print All Fonts In Folder while an invalid removable drive was selected.
- FIXED: Under certain circumstances, selecting the Help > Check for New Version menu triggers an "entry point TaskDialogDirect was not found" error.